B4.9.2 Discharges to Sewers


Any organisation that wishes to discharge sewage or trade effluent into a sewer will need a Trade Effluent Discharge consent from the Sewerage Undertaker (usually the local water company). It is also possible to obtain a commercial agreement with the Sewerage Undertaker, rather than obtain a formal consent.

The application process and charges will vary depending upon the water company involved.